Applied Investigation, Research & Development
At Higher Functions we have joined, under the same roof, a high-end IR&D team and a support structure that is responsible today for over 2.000 daily technical resolutions.
The close integration of mutually dependent scopes of work represents an unique opportunity for coordinated efforts between the development and its practical day-to-day real-life adequacy and continuous contextual adaptability.
We have allied our exclusive partnerships with all the major retailers and communication service providers, with the research & development team of Faculdade de Ciências de Lisboa, that is a participant partner throught the “Grupo de Fala e Linguagem Natural (NLX)” and throught “Grupo de Investigação em Multimédia e Interação Homem-Máquina (HCIM)”, both from the computer science department.
Automation and Innovation
ASSET is sustained in the integration of highly-tuned state-of-the-art proprietary systems in the following scopes of research:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Human-Machine Interaction
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Translation
One of our main differentiation factors results of the intelligent selection of the human vs machine intervention, adding value in each usage scenario:
- Self-sufficient Algorithm (adequate answer found in existing database) > no human time required;
- Partially sufficient algorithm > human time saved; human contribution enhances knowledgebase and algorithm itself;
- Insufficient algorithm (no semantically similar dialog in database) > normal support scenario with exclusive human support. Still, algorithm self-improves with the resulting new information.